View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 06:22 PM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Hi, Mike. Having collected cards for over 60 years, I had the same question last year. I did some research, asked the members of Net54baseball and a couple of friendly local dealers. I wanted to be able to talk to a real person rather than a corporation. I wanted to talk and work with someone who understands me and my relationship with my collection.

I decided on Love of the Game Auctions. Al Crisafulli patiently answered all of my questions, thoroughly. He was not pushy or aggressive. I submitted my pride and joy vintage set for his auction. I could have consigned something less valuable, but felt that if I was serious about liquidating, I needed to rip the band aide off. I can't describe the feeling in the pit of my stomach when that set walked out the door. Then of course, my asked, "How well do you know that guy?" I must also add that Al spent a significate amount of time explaining the process to my wife.

The bottom line is, Al did what he said he was going to do and paid in a timely manner. I was so pleased with the process and result that I have 12 lots in the current LOTG auction. If all goes well I will have more next time.

There are lots of good options for auction houses. My decision came down to developing a personal relationship. Best of luck with yours, Mike.