View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Attention to the details

I've got to agree with mcap100176, and disagree with the majority of you fine collectors.

I agree the shipping cost is excessive, for the method used, but it only emphasizes the importance of reading the details. No; I am not an attorney. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

Poor humor aside, there have been many eBay auctions that I've passed on either because the value of the item did not merit the excessive postage declared in the listing, or because the seller would not combine items for one (or 2X) item shipping cost.

In all fairness, I've been burned before, because I did not read the details in the listing as carefully as I should have. But the anger is usually directed at myself for being careless, than due to the seller's description or apparent greed.

Hasn't there recently been a widely explored thread with regards to the high shipping cost charged by Legendary Auctions, or by Mastro Auctions ? Have their actions been excused because they did not clearly list the shipping costs in their catalogs, prior to your bidding. Yet many of you are quite angry towards an eBay seller who lists outrageous shipping costs in his listing. The group sentiment seems a bit backwards to me.

If, by chance, the listing failed to clearly declare the cost of shipping, or the seller charged more than the listing indicated, then I retract most of my statements above, and encourage whatever action can be taken against that particular seller. But from what I've read, this costly mistake resulted from failure to carefully read and understand the listing details, before submitting a successful bid. A painful lesson, but a valuable one for all of us to be reminded of.

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 06-25-2009 at 02:08 PM.