View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
What is APSCO? Did ASCO become APSCO? Google APSCO now and you get hydraulic valve actuators.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30485127452...mis&media=COPY
I think we covered APSCO a few hundred pages ago on this thread ... maybe.

So these guys are actually still in business, today; still located in Brooklyn; and, still in the screen printing business (among other things). See: https://www.apscoenterprises.com/

Their company opened in 1979, per their site. Doesn't look like they make pennants--if they do, they don't seem to have any lucrative licenses from any of the big leagues to use their marks.

I have about 5-6 pictures of pennants in their APSCO packaging, identical to this one. Still not sure why they were branded, "PENNANT POST." (What does that even mean?) All MLB and NFL pennants from the late 1970s/early 1980s, including cheap reproductions of classic Trench designs from the 1950s. When I interviewed Mr. Storm (longtime Trench owner/president) I asked him about APSCO; and I think he indicated they were a Trench "distributor." I don't recall him being dead certain of this; but, we've got strong evidence that the two and single bar helmet pennant series were all made by Trench, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Here's a Steelers double bar helmet pennant in original APSCO packaging; with a JC Penny price tag still attached. APSCO must've specialized in department stores, so that may explain why Trench (a wholesale manufacturer that sold directly to stadium concessionaires) needed the help of a middle man to help tap into that type of retail market; and, why their pennants required a sealed packaging--something you'd never see at the ballpark.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 201446.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-21 201718.jpg