View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Michael calv.ello

Default Getting the Record Straight Shoeless Joe

Here's another photo of shoeless joe jackson profile. Again, put a top hat exactly like the one joe is wearing in the military panoramic photograph. Same face i see. What i'm trying to show that lots of hours went into this back in july and i'm so surprise no one back then or at the national who looked at this photo expressed disagreement. So little documents were kept back in the early part of the 20th century. The military kept even less. We all are of agreement that jackson was drafted into the military as many other ball players, we all agree that he took a job approved by the government for his induction. This was done for ball players who didn't want to fight, so they went to work. We all are in agreement that jackson played baseball till sept, 1918. Why is it so hard to believe that this famous ball player didn't visit military bases on the east coast which were very close to where his teams toured played and take a photograph with the solders. Ted williams, joe dimaggio and others ball players took photographs with solders while they were in service and many took photos when they visited military bases after their playing careers. Enough said, you don't have to bid ont the photograph but please present much more then what i have been reading today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joes_story_header_2.jpg (34.8 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1682 copy.jpg (60.2 KB, 466 views)