View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
It's interesting to me that these scams always seem to involve PSA graded cards/ holders. Hypothetically If your were PSA and were supposedly the biggest TPG out there, wouldn't you address the fact that your holder is easily breached, etc?

It's not hard to tell when a SGC holder has been cracked open, and frankly Beckett holders are damn near bomb proof and are destroyed when/if the holder is cracked.

I own many high end cards in PSA holders, and would frankly be a bit more at peace with their product if I wasn't left wondering if my cards might be fake, etc...
I had similar thoughts reading through this thread. It seems like the fake PSA holder scam has been going on for at least 6 years - starting on Craigslist if I recall correctly. It's somewhat comforting to know that federal law enforcement is now involved, yet one has to wonder how many bad slabs are out there (quite a few I suspect over that length of time) and why wasn't PSA more proactive in improving their product? I know there were CU threads about this problem and of course they would be instantly deleted. PSA once used a hologram and some decoder gimmick - both of which were discontinued - but nothing really that "packs a punch" in addressing the problem.