View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
2 things......

1. Hopefully you thanked her "properly" that evening!

2. Not sure how old you are, but if you can get your fiance interested, I HIGHLY recommend a destination wedding. It will cost much less and be much more fun! Most places will include a basic wedding package free with your stay. I personally suggest a Sandals or similar place that has multiple locations in one location. Friends and Family can get themselves a nice vacation and after the wedding you can move down the road to a different location for your honeymoon, yet still have access to both resorts so you can control when you spend time with family and friends and when to be alone. For example, Sandals has two resorts within 3 miles of each other in Montego Bay with daily shuttles back and forth. Just a thought.... ha ha
1. Not last night, but you could say I thanked her in advance the other day?

2. I'm 23, and we discussed a destination wedding earlier this year, but she has been set on having a barn wedding for a while. We've had our venue and most of our vendors booked since the late spring. However, do you have any honeymoon suggestions? An island off of Puerto Rico was on the list, but with the Caribbean being non-existent right now to tourists due to the hurricanes, we're going adjust to strictly domestic locations, either a rural area in Tennessee with a cabin not too far from civilization, or a beach destination. Thanks for the suggestion though! I wanted to just head to Vegas and elope. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Yes, and once you get married, if you do that again the conversation will go like this:

I spent $$$$ on this card

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?

Hey, you were cool about it when I bought that T206 Young

Oh, honey, we're married now, I don't have to do that anymore.

You might not believe it, but every married man here has had that conversation with his wife. Usually not about baseball cards, but I digress...
Funny, I got a similar reaction to this the other week when I bought another gun. She got over it quickly when I explained everything, much like the Cy Young purchase. I'm interested to see if she changes her tune once we get married. I don't think so. She pretty well comprehends the investment aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtschantz View Post
Considering my wife and I are celebrating 27 years of holy matrimony this Friday, thought I'd tell my story. A college buddy and I owned a baseball card shop on the side (of our real jobs) in 1989. I had wax boxes and packs of unopened cards laying all over my apartment and my girlfriend (future Mrs) liked to open packs. She didn't really know what she was looking for, but for some reason liked the 1989 Pro Set Football cards. I sliced open a pack of 89 Pro Set with a razor, took the cards out (made sure they were all commons!) and cut a circular hole in all the cards except the top and bottom cards. I put an engagement ring in the cards and put them back in the pack. On Christmas eve I put the pack in the cup holder of my car and hid a bottle of champaign under the seat. On our way to her parents house that evening she saw the pack, opened it, and said "no Barry Sanders rookie". Twenty seven years later the family has grown and so has the card collection. Pretty sure I won't get away with a pack of cards as an anniversary gift Friday (unless it's vintage).
VERY cool story! Thank you for sharing!

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame