View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 06:28 AM
J@mes In.gram

Lately I have decided I don't really care anymore about who's in, who's not and who should be in. I collect, talk about and display cards for guys like Cecil Travis, Riggs Stephenson and Maury Wills as if they are in. Anymore that's all that matters to me.

I recently nominated a coworker for a personal award, Florida Section American Waterworks Association Operator of the Year. This fellow is like a one man water plant. He trained 5 newly-hired operator trainees. Oversaw their hiring. Completed his master's degree. Received the title of Certified Public Manager. Runs the health and physical fitness programs for the entire utility. What more could he do? He didn't get selected.

It all comes down to subjectivity, opinion and politics. So anymore, who cares? It's meaningless. We treat our man as if he won. He knows how we feel about him. I collect the same way.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***