View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 12:09 AM
Aaron Seefeldt

Some 25+ years ago I was set up at the Chicago Sun Times show in Rosemont, IL (now called the Donald Stevens Convention Center). The Sun Times show was 3 or 4 times a year and I always set up in the mid to late 90s. I dealt in strictly pre WW2 cards, photos, etc. At one of the shows a dealer approached my booth and asked if I’d like to see some vintage cards he acquired in a large deal for modern cards. He said he had no use for them since he only dealt in modern. I checked out what he had and was shocked - he had 20 or 25 S74 White Silks and most (or all) had the ultra rare Red Sun backs! And a lot of them did not have the horizontal creases through the middle! The highlight was a gorgeous Ty Cobb with the Red Sun back and no crease! It was absolutely beautiful and the front shined like new. I held on to them for a couple years then sold them in a Mastro auction. They were not graded and I always regretted letting the Cobb go!
Well, I’m absolutely overjoyed to get the Cobb back! So grateful and excited to get this card back (even though it cost 10x what I paid for the whole group).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62E5F60E-0704-464F-B59B-5A82BDC8363C.jpg (79.4 KB, 605 views)
File Type: jpg B3D47B2B-E3EF-43DC-83CC-CE9ABF0565BF.jpg (82.3 KB, 615 views)