View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Jeff Carlson

Default Tobacco Card Questions

I am mainly a post war baseball collector. My wife and I have a small horse farm and I thought I would start a collection of trading cards with horses as a theme. On a lark I got a group of 23 1933 Player's Derby and Grand National Winners for about $7 delivered. Being new to tobacco cards, I really don't know what to look for to ensure authenticity. I think I recall that there is a certain printing pattern that I need to look for to determine if a card is contemporary to the specific time period. This circular printing pattern is what I am looking for, correct?

My second question is a little more delicate. I've bid on several Ebay auctions with a specific seller, but keep getting sniped at (literally) the last second. I suspect there may be some shilling going on, but the seller's account is set to private auctions, so you can't look at the bidding history for signs of this behavior. I may just be paranoid, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Ebay seller jobemo-0 that you can share so I can decide whether to continue to follow their auctions or walk away? Thanks.

EDIT: I realize this is a baseball forum, but I didn't see anything appropriate and this does seem to be the best place to find pre-war tobacco card information.

Last edited by carlsonjok; 12-04-2018 at 08:20 PM.