View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I don't know if it is nefarious or not, but there has been a huge change (anecdotally, at least) with Greg Morris. I used to buy a ton of cards from them - commons, semi-stars and what not, nothing of huge value - to take advantage of their all inclusive shipping. But in the last year or two, they suddenly started getting a huge amount of activity from bidders, with virtually all of their listings receiving bids almost immediately from the get-go. (I know, I know, there are many reasons why that could happen.) And their cards always seem to sell for a big premium now over the same exact cards from other sellers. When I'm looking for something these days, if I see a GM auction, I am very liable to just pass it by. Again, not claiming anything unsavory is happening, but in the end I know I'm going to have to pay a heckuva lot more for their stuff than I 'should.' Make of it what you will.
I noticed that as well when I sell raw. They have inferior copies of the same card sell for more. Like PWCC, I just chalked it up as maybe they had a bigger following than me. Now, after reading these, I am not so sure....