View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Default Mastro consignment agreement

Posted By: Aaron

"To directly respond to what I think you are getting at, this work can also include work like we had done on the Keeler card where I believe surface stains and glue were removed from the surface of the card.

Regarding disclosure we disclose any restoration work that alters the surface or original appearance of the item. We do not disclose grease pencil cleaning, surface cleaning, flattening and other work that simply brings back the original appearance of the piece without adding to it."

So basically any card that's been professionally restored as far as cleaning up stains and discoloration, along with flattening out wrinkles and creases, they don't disclose?

I would imagine this is the standard process that many have hinted at, where Mastro arranges for a card to be professionally restored and then sends the card to be professionally graded with the bidder/buyer never knowing anything had been done to the card.

I'm not sure I understand the distinction Allen is trying to make and why any restoration at all should not be disclosed in the item's description. Oh, wait...