View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Oh, I can handle the whole truth. You aren't presenting whole truth, though, are you? You are merely citing specific pieces of the overall picture of two star players that fit a negative narrative.

The salient fact is Kershaw and Judge are fantastic baseball players, flaws and all. I have enormous respect for anyone who even gets drafted. That's how hard the game is, and how good someone has to be to even make it that far. Performing as Kershaw has, or as Judge has his rookie year? Those are enormous accomplishments.
Kershaw is great and has a body of work substantial enough to point to (and of a sample size large enough to form conclusions on , unlike his postseason numbers which are pretty much pointless, like all postseason stats)

Judge, however, is a different story, I posted a few pages back a fairly in depth list of reasons why his hitting profile could potentially end badly. It may not! I'm not the type to make guarantees, I'm not Kreskin, but he will need to make some adjustments and improve his contact rate or we could see him crash and burn pretty quickly. Below league avg contact rates combined with a high BABIP and a higher BB% than he ever had in the minors tends to point towards struggles in his 2nd year. Plus, he's no spring chicken as a rookie.