View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Michael Durrett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Okay, that makes a lot more sense to me, thanks for clarifying. The title of the thread is: Dealers need to learn more about foreign cards and from there the conversation has been about potential buyers trying to tell dealers what to do price-wise.

Look, I'd love to go on ebay, search for stuff I'd like, be able to name a price I would be willing to pay, and scoop a bunch of assets up at good prices. Problem is, until I buy them I do not own them and therefore I don't get to name the price.

I know what it's like to miss out because a dealer's price is too high. I have a collection of game used bats of the 1965 Twins, and only need 2 non-pitchers. A game bat of one of those guys recently popped up on ebay. Since the player is a common and the bat had no game use, I thought it was very over-priced. I made an offer, the seller made a counter-offer which I thought was still too high, so I rejected it and moved on.

I think I am one of the very few people looking for a bat of that specific player, and I think the offer I made was the best one he will ever get, but I didn't lecture him about it; I just walked away. He has a right to ask whatever price he wants and who knows, maybe he'll find someone who will pay it.
Dear Mark and 'Packs' --- Do you really need to have this mindless pointless silly convo for all to see? Just message each other to arrange the date I can see you two lovebirds tying the knot.

Packs with 5000 anonymous posts .....