View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Jason B.

Default Ed FitzGerald

Great thread -- I started collecting Ed FitzGerald cards about 4 years ago after a family friend who knew I was a vintage collector posted a pic of his '50B card on my Facebook feed.
She was right on -- I was a dead-ringer for Ed back in his younger days (from his '47-50 cards, roughly).

Now I look a bit older these days, as I'm sure Ed does as well (although he is apparently still going strong at 93!), but that neat realization was enough to kick me into collecting his cards.

A few years later, I've tracked down all but 1 card -- the '47 Signal Oil issue when he was with the Sacramento Solons. Other tougher issues were the Briggs (of course) and the Sunbeam.
I guess i also technically need a 1957 Topps #22 Jerry Snyder in PSA 8 or better, as the card was an error that actually used a picture of Ed FitzGerald instead of Snyder.
That said, you never know where a new find will come from -- I just found this '48 Pirates Postcard this week, incredibly.

It's been fun having this as a side project to Set collecting and other HOF player runs, which are more expensive and more predictable in nature.

Fitz1.jpg
Fitz2.jpg
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)

Last edited by ZiggerZagger; 03-03-2018 at 07:28 AM.