Thread: Dealers on ebay
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Dealers on ebay

Posted By: DJ

If I ever won one of those giant misc. lots from a glossy catalog, I'd have them slabbed and I'd throw them all up on eBay. At this point in time, it would be a gamble since the prices are out of control, but that's the preferred way of filling holes and purchasing trading cards. I see A LOT of dealers buying off eBay and perhaps they are putting them in their Retail Forum and/or sending off to Mastro for bigger profits.

You have trusted sellers on Bay who ALWAYS seem to have the vintage cards and then you have sellers on eBay who don't know what they are doing at all and they can't get the prices...or get their scanner to work for that matter.

I've seen a T206 Bat Off Shoulder Cobb PSA5 sell on eBay anywhere from $1,350 to $2,100 in the last five months. I don't know if eBay is the 'new Price Guide' but I can tell you that with all these Grading companies, Glossy catalogs, the 'En Fuego' Market and such, I don't think there really is an accurate way to determine what anything will sell for.

My two cents.

DJ