View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post
Hello Fred,

No, I was not involved in any way with the Oakes shows that were run in the past.
They were run by Marco ( The original owner of CSA) and Fanatics. I think the show you are referring to was the Fanatics show.

With regards to autograph guests, no, the intention is not at all to turn it into
an autograph show. My intent is to have the autograph aspect compliment the vintage card show.
I have been buying and selling vintage cards autographs and memorabilia as a full time
business since 1996 so that is my primary focus. I have been doing minor research on the show back to the Willow Grove and Ft. Washington days from an autograph perspective.
What I noticed is Bob use to have free autograph guests on each day of the show
While I'm not certain with the costs of athletes today I can replicate that exactly. My intention is to try
to bring out 1-2 free guests per show.

So for the March show Philadelphia legend Bobby Shantz who is now 91
years old and golfing several times per week, will be signing FREE autographs 1 per paid admission on Friday.
So if you would like a FREE auto. simply ask for a voucher when you pay
your admission to the show on Friday. All of the shows autograph guests
are up to date and posted on the website, the theme for this show was
Philadelphia Eagles Past and Present. The September shows main focus
will be on 10-15 guests primarily baseball with 1-2 FREE guests.

I will have more announcements in the near future regarding the show.

With regards to the request for BBCE and Steve Hart. I have reached out to
Steve and am currently waiting to hear back from him regarding BBCE
setting up at the show.

www.phillyshow.com
Joe:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion on your ownership/running of the Oaks shows. Glad to hear you were not in charge of them.

Hope your stewardship returns the show to it's glory days, though with the advent of the internet it seems nothing will ever be like it was again.

Good Luck with the show. I'll be there early Friday.

Best,

Fred