View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default Do you feel like we do.....

Posted By: Wonkaticket 

Just some of my thoughts….(from a “Bored” Member)

I don’t want to be a jerk me being relatively new to this forum as well. But let me tell you what I think anyway. I love baseball and I love baseball cards even more like most of you I eat sleep and dream of cards and collecting. With that said I also have a pretty decent collection an am in no way new to the hobby, my knowledge is also very extensive regarding collecting. The thing that I fell in love with about this forum was the chance to interact with others who have the same passion for collecting that I do. Also to learn things I didn’t know. I came to realize something else about this forum that as much as you and I know about the hobby, there are others new to the hobby or on the virtual razors edge of joining this history rich hobby. The sad fact of the manner is that there is very little postings or discussions regarding vintage items or even sometimes the hobby itself. Many of the posts are the same thing over and over, I think by now we all realize that PRO, AAA and other grading companies are a joke. But do we really need to post a link to everyone that ever surfaces on Ebay? Other posts seem to just be several members or non-members just bickering like a couple of old bingo ladies over a $10 jackpot. It’s coming up on New Year’s I have a resolution to extend to all board members. Lets focus and spend the time we spend posting argumentative posts and pointless obvious links to topics we have beat like a dead horse. Instead lets focus on discussing cards and topics that new and old collectors will find useful and meaningful. I know it’s a crazy idea being able to come to the forum and finding 20 new posts that are really interesting and educational vs. 100 posts on the same old same old or 1 post that’s a mile long that really is nothing more than two grown adults fighting like a couple of school girls. I believe Elliott is the forum master. First of all Elliott I would like to thank for the past year of letting me be a part of your forum I have enjoyed it very much. I however do have a few suggestions this one being the most obvious. It took me 2 seconds to sign up I think all members too have the right to post should sign up. No more anonymous posts. It won’t stop all people from posting silly things but it might make people a little more honest. I just can’t imagine with the complexity of this hobby and the knowledge that resides on this board that we can’t find better topics to discuss or at least some new ones to fight over.

Best regards,

John