View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
1. How desirable are E cards today compared to (a) T206, (b) other T cards, and (c) compared to their desirability a decade ago?

2. It appears that the value of E cards are down substantially since 2006-2008. Is this accurate, and if so (a) why?, and (b) do you feel they have bottomed out (and will rise) or is their fall in value to continue?

3. Do you care about the various back variations on the cards, or is it all about the front pose; take for example E90, E92, E101, E102, E105 (maybe E106), etc., which all have the same fronts but many different backs, and would you pay up for a scarce front/back combo (like a Wagner blue crofts candy or a crofts cocoa)?

4. Would you agree that the E92/E101 (those listed above) front poses are more desirable than other candy/caramel issues, like E91 E93, E94, E95, E98, etc?

5. Related to question 4 -- what is the "T206" of E cards?

Thanks and cant wait to read the responses
1a) not even close
1b) fairly close but generally lagging a bit behind
1c) not even close

2a) It seems to me that when the market hit its peak about a decade ago the overall emphasis on rarity compared to aesthetics and key stars was much higher than it is now.
2b) I don't expect much change over the next several years; that is, I don't particularly expect either a rebound or a continued decline.

3) Yes I care about the backs. Yes I care about the fronts. I don't care about the combo per se.

4) Mostly, but with some exceptions. I'd put E94 ahead of E92 for example.

5) E90-1, and I think that really explains why the T cards are more popular. The quality of the artwork on T206s is much greater than on E90-1s. That's true of T vs. E in general.