Thread: Waste.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Scott

I don't believe in moral relativism. Just because someone thinks something is true doesn't necessarily mean it's true in objective reality. Same goes for money: just because you have the means doesn't mean that the money wasn't wasted.

What this autographed James card is lacking that the other things mentioned in the post have is HISTORY. The fact that for $300,00 I can buy single signed autographed baseballs of the first five members of baseball's hall of fame and still possibly have money left over for something signed by George Washington or Alexander Hamilton defies logic. That is why I called it stupid.

There should be no memorabilia of any current player in any sport that should sell for over Quarter of a Million dollars. We can quibble if it should have sold for $5,000 or $25,000 because that still is in the realm of the plausible.

But remember, this was not a buy it now. There was at least one more buyer who kept pushing the price up and up and wound up being the under bidder at somewhere around $240,000....