View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Long story about a good deal

Back in 95, when I was collecting t206s in general, and trying to get all 16 backs, 707 had a Drum-backed Bender no trees that I was interested in. But for more than I would have ever dreamed paying for a card at the time. I called to see if they might bring the card to the National that year so I could see it in person and Levi agreed. The doors open and I hightail it to the 707 booth to see the card. It was in absolutely poor condition, just as described. Levi told me the price again, and I countered with an offer 15% less. "Let me think about it," he said. He proceeded to finish setting up some cards, arranged his displays, sat down, and ate a sandwich. I stood and waited. 30 minutes later, he asked me what I wanted to see. Told him I was waiting on his answer about my offer. "Oh, that. Yeah, I'll take it." Was the only card I intended to buy and had the rest of the day to look at stuff I could no longer afford. (But I did get to hold a PSA 3 Honus Wagner at the SportcardsPlus booth)