View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge "proof" slides and cabinets.......

Posted By: mr. moses

Looking to get what I hope would be an interesting thread going precipitated by a listing somewhere for some amount of them ..... I have sold two glass negatives featuring Goodwin baseball players. I have sold a couple of mounted cabinet pix FROM OTHER STUDIOS with and without a "Goodwin" copyR, and a folder with some interesting smaller sized "proofs" with some photographer's notations on them. Subsequent to this I became aware at various venues of a "find" in Vermont or somewhere in that vicinity of MANY of these proof type photographs. Some have been sold at shows, some at major auctions like REA (Rob even called me once to ask about one in specific) and American Memorabilia (I think). I examined them pretty thoroughly (NOT an expert on photos BUT I have a fairly good base of knowledge) and have no reason to believe they are not real. I have a few specific questions to encourage some sharing or just add your own take and/or thoughts.....

1) are there members here that own any.
2) are there members here that have seen them in person that have feeling one way or the other about them.
3) If you collect N173 cabinets would you buy one or not.
4) If you collect baseball photographs would you buy one or not.
5) Is there anyone that could share more about "the find" like population - some sales history - the players - anything else...............