View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:45 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Great idea for a thread, Luke. While they are not necessarily obscure (certainly much less discussed), I have fallen in love with prewar minor league issues such as the T212 Obaks as well as the T210s. I also think the T211 Red Suns are amazing. It has only been a year or so since I started down this road, but I really enjoy it. I only have close to 60 T212 -2s thus far. When I do branch out to the T210s, I think Series 3 will be my first target because they are a little closer to home geographically.

The cards of these minor leaguers from long ago really tune me into my love and enjoyment of baseball history. While some of the minor leaguers in these sets did make it to the majors, many of them were just boys and young men from the west coast and south who liked to play ball and represent their towns and perhaps put off settling into less pleasant occupations the other locals and/or family members had to do. And, especially in the case of the Obaks, they are beautiful cards and works of art from a period of time when America was very different.

I dabbled in T206 two or three times but just couldn't get into it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 06-14-2018 at 05:49 PM.