View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 12:27 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
No, that is hearsay. People on this board need to get a clue about what is needed to charge and convict someone of a crime like this. It gets tiring when people continue to bang the drum, but dont understand proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Trust me, there is no other person out there more of a hanging judge than me but I understand what it takes. Because we say so is not what it takes.
Very true. I think this is directly connected to the notion that an autograph "is either authentic, or it's not," a phrase I've seen here often. Sure, the statement is true, but it's also irrelevant because authenticity is impossible to prove. In previous threads about CC, posters here have drawn comparisons to narcotics and things like that, but it's pretty easy to prove that a substance like cocaine is in fact the substance it is being called. And that is just the item itself, before we get into intent and all that. There is little plausible deniability for someone holding a kilo of heroin in their trunk. But eBay (and CC) can have forgeries on their website, and it ain't their fault because how can they or anyone else know? Whose opinions should the law trust?

My brother is a former DA, and in talking to him I can see why nobody wants to go after these guys. And as a side note, I think that CC learned a lot from Operation Bullpen and the mistakes that those crooks made.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all

Last edited by mighty bombjack; 04-24-2017 at 12:28 AM.