View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:08 PM

Sorry for reviving a somewhat old post by I have had a chance to upload images for a while and I really wanted to post and talk about a very underappreciated area of collecting. While a number of my better items are currently at a locla historical society which is doing an exhibit on Negro and Latino baseball, the items below show how you can still pick up great latino baseball items for a steal. The items below are a record book for the 1946-7 Cuban baseball season. it has a couple of images of Dihigo and allows you to trace one of Minnie Minoso's early seasons game by game. The second is a 1932 cuban baseball guide. The third is the 1946 ESSO (which I belive was a offshot of Standard Oil) latin baseball guide. This is the second of a series of guides put out by ESSO and all are great becuase they have records for the Negro league players for Cuban, Meican and Puerto Rico seasons. The final item is a picture that I beleive show a cermony for Manuel (Cocaine) Garcia after he through a no hitter in the Cuban league in 1943
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (77.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 1932.jpg (73.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 1946.jpg (73.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg cgarcia[1].jpg (77.6 KB, 79 views)