View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blametony View Post
Frankly, I'm stunned that PSA has not addressed the issue of the "trimmed" Wagner. It's been decades since the facts have come about regarding it's trimming. Why have they not recalled it or changed it in their database as altered???

They consistently point to that Wagner as the pinnacle of the hobby and a testament to their service yet everyone knows it's trimmed and therefore a fraud. Why they would make a fraudulent card the cornerstone of their business is beyond me. It just goes to show you how much they opt for marketing over integrity.
That's a good question. The card is in a private collection and the owner as far as we know would rather have it "as is" - mislabeled and all, rather than challenge PSA with their buyback guarantee.

I don't know who owns the "next best" Wagner in the PSA Pop Report, but if I owned it, I would make a big stink about the "trimmed" Wagner as it diminishes the value of the "next best" Wagner. Just my two cents.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Last edited by WhenItWasAHobby; 08-09-2019 at 02:34 PM.