View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:46 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Those pictures look familiar. My daughter is 2 and also enjoys looking at cards now and then. She also enjoys using empty screwdowns as glasses.
She's done ok with some cheap ones in semi ridgid toploaders as well as graded.

I've let her handle modern cards for a long time now, usually ones that are already damaged, as they'll only get worse.

Yesterday she showed me a new sorting method. Start with a stack of cards on a desk, remove the top one, examine, drop it on the floor, repeat. Better than the examine then chew method she used to use.

Steve B
My daughter's "sorting method" is she puts them on the ground and mixes them up and randomly picks one up and looks at it, after examining it she picks them all up and scatters them on the ground again mixes them up and looks at them.

I told a story on another post about how I was missing a card from a shelf. I was convinced that someone may have stole it (we had someone come do a repair that day) but I kept looking for it anyways. Finally I told my wife, if it wasn't stolen by the repair guy it was stolen by our daughter. She went up to my daughters room and found it mixed in with her toys. I figured if she wanted it that bad she could have it. It is now on display on her room.

She has also acquired a 55 Hank Aaron from me. After she got that card she climbed up on a chair in her room to get it off the shelf, the whole shelf came down. That evening she went to bed with the Hank Aaron, I didn't get a picture, but to see a 18 month old girl cuddling up with a 55 Aaron card instead of a baby doll... it can bring a tear to a daddy's eye.