Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Has it really been this long since I've posted anything here? Jeez, the great Photobucket fiasco from a few months back really curtailed things - I can't tell you how depressing it was to see every single image on this thread vanish. Well, I'm back for now (at least for the year), and I'm hoping that in that time I'll be able to switch everything over to a server I don't have to pay for. In the meantime though, I'll also try to get back to posting here with some regularity. That is, if y'all still want to see what's been going on.

On the personal note, I'm now a father of two, a two-and-a-half year old and an almost six-month old. Both boys. They're amazing. And insane. Becoming a father has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life, especially coming from somebody who works in a pretty insular field. With that said, getting into yet another routine to try and paint has been challenging to say the least. But, in the words of Mayo, I got nowhere else to go.

So, here are some examples of what's been coming out of the studio these past couple of months:

Walter Johnson, 1907, 22" x 28"

Chief Bender, October 24, 1911, 12" x 16"

Babe Ruth, 1915, 20" x 22"

Ty Cobb, 1916, 18" x 18"

Hank Greenberg, Goose Goslin, Charlie Gehringer and Pete Fox, 1935, 29" x 35"

Arky Vaughan, 1935, 16" x 20"

Stan Musial, May 21, 1946, 30" x 44"

Ernie Banks, 1953, 18" x 24"

I think there might be some more that I've missed, but I'll update this thread (finally) as I remember them.

Also, I was given some great press by the nice people at the National Review a few weeks back, which can be seen here:

https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...seball-history

Anywho, I hope you're all doing well, keeping happy and healthy, and excited for Cleveland (which I should be going to). Also, hopefully you dig some of these! If you have any comments, questions, criticisms or musings you'd like to share, please feel free to do so!

Thanks,

Graig