View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

I'm not sure why you are so worked up over the 2500-3500 valuation. The evaluators are either right and you won't get your asking price, or they will be wrong and you'll make your dough. The market will bear this out. Why not just see where the ride takes you? You agreed to the 4500-7000 range. Maybe you are not as far away as it appears, unless you overpaid.

I totally agree with you here 100% I do not believe I overpaid however. Maybe I paid stronger than a dealer would pay, but when I see something unique I do not mind paying up a bit.

This thread feels off to me from the get-go. It is as if you have a whale on a hook and you are panicking because he might get away, so you are trying to have a thread justifying your price to then show him. I am probably way off, but it just feels funky. I mean, if we started a thread for every valuation disagreement then we'd have a lot more reading to do. It's as if you don't trust the market and need validation for your price right now.

I have no whale on the hook and anyone that knows me at all would know that isn't my intention from this post. I HAD someone on the hook yesterday which is what I even said in the first post and due to what I feel is a horrendous evaluation I lost it. My original post today was simply to fire of some frustration while hopefully getting some either you are rights or I

Steve's post was helpful, I thought. Rather than missing the point, it might point a way forward for you as a dealer if things don't work to your liking in the near term. And good luck with it. A cool item, for sure.disagrees.

I understood where he was coming from, yet that was not my posts intention. I was referring to collectors not dealers.

p.s. Stephen, it was not "obvious" to me that you did not mean you were trying to sell the exact same item as the 2012 Heritage piece. I appreciated Dave's clarification. Instead of accepting the helpful correction you made it personal and accused him of trying to make you look bad. That's the bad look for you.

So rather than PM me you think the right thing to do is make a picture graph like I'm 4 years old? Honestly, If it's a bad look for me it's a bad look for me, but I'm not the type of person to kiss ass so to speak because someone is someone. If you speak condensing to me (which he did in his first reply) then I'm not gonna thank you for it.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 10-23-2017 at 12:27 PM.