View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
T206. Other than rare backs and a handful of individual cards, they are beyond abundant. And even some of those “rare” ones are errors or variations. Also, I don’t fully understand why anyone would want to own the cards of 400+ common players. It’s a legendary set, but I think it’s way overrated. In contrast, CJ’s are more rare, much nicer, and came inside a product that goes hand in hand with baseball. I don’t collect either, so I have no dog in this fight. There was a thread recently where guys were posting T206s next to their T3 counterparts and the T3 images blew the t206 out of the water. Much like the 52 mantle, I think anything as popular and common as T206 belongs at the top of the overrated list. Don’t think I’m winning any popularity contests with this suggestion, but hey, it’s just my opinion.
T3 is the most beautiful set ever made. T206 is still one of the most beautiful sets ever (T3 borrowed many of its images) and blows away Cracker Jacks. I have sold off most of my sets, but the t206 set is one that I will keep until I die. I don't see how any prewar cards can be over rated. They are far more scarce than most post war sets. Those "common" t206s still have smaller populations than the "rare" 1952 Topps Mantle.