View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Since we have no oversized 1910's pennants to talk about, let's discuss these stiff orange things a little more..

First of all, is the original "crowd at feet" Giants pennant AdFlag? It kind of seems that way, but Kyle does not show it in his blog. I actually kind of like this pennant, with the adoring crowd of men, women and a kid. All it's missing is a dog! Kyle does show Marc's Astos pennant as being AdFlag.

Now, for the stiff orange things.. besides the orange "crowd at feet" and New York Giants "Giant in the Polo Grounds," there's also this one. It's a remake of a non-AdFlag (Trench?). This one is available for the bargain price of $99.99. These three are, obviouly, all Giants. Were they done with other teams/designs? I don't think AdFlag did them because Kyle says AdFlag was out of the sports pennant business in the mid 60s. These seem later.

Speaking of Kyle...I'm jonesing for some new content on Pennant Fever. I know he's busy but he teased an article on AMCO(?).
The tiny fans worshiping the Giant pennant looks like ADFLAG's work, to me.

Those two repros you showed--originally done in the 1950s by Trench--were released around 1980 by ... Trench, best I can tell. They remade a few of their 1950s-era designs, and these repros were sold for a few years. Later versions of the repro will be framed in white, because they were printed on white felt.

New content posted on Pennant Factory just this month. New piece being written, as we speak, for Pennant Fever due out in a few weeks.