Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

Here's what's on the easel right now. And though it's not baseball, I thought y'all might dig it anyways. It's still in progress, and at 40" x 56", there's been a lot of surface area to work with.

The scene depicts Bobby Jones teeing off at the 17th hole at St. Andrews during the 1927 British Open. To his left (also in front of the crowd) is his partner Mark Seymour. As he did the year prior, Jones would go on to win the British championship that day (July 16) with a total of 285.

It was commissioned by Golf Links to the Past, a store at the Lodge at Pebble Beach, where the Open will be in a little over two months. It's been a bit of a challenge, since they're so many figures for one, and, I've never done a golf painting before. And of course, there's a pretty strict deadline on the painting, and I only have a few more weeks to finish it.

Also, I don't know if any of you guys are on Facebook or anything, but as a bit of shameless promotion, become a fan of me!! That is, if you actually are.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Graig-...0599933?ref=ts

Thanks everyone!

Graig