View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Default T206 PSA PLANK Just listed for sale!

Posted By: Kevin Saucier

Prediction: the next time we see this card it is either out of its holder or in a different holder. The temptation to turn a $25K card into $100K+ card is going to be hard to resist.

I'm wondering if that's possible. The corners can more than likely be returned to normal or could fool some graders if done well enough (although I imagine this would go straight to the top grader and discovered).

The added recolor may be a problem. Removing it would lead to bare areas or paper loss. If left in place it should never pass a basic inspection. From the scan it looks as though the left upper edge by the side border line was recolored. Always difficulty to tell from a scan. For those in the know, is this correct?

I've successfully unrestored a similar inexpensive card (rebuilt corners but w/o recolor) rejected as trimmed. The finished card was a very gracious gift and is now on display in a 3 holder. I still consider it to be altered and here is why:

From experience the paper on all sides of each rebuilt corner would have been affected during the reshaping. In other words...added stock blended to the sides to connect the corners, then slightly trimmed back. These would need to be shaped to look like vintage cuts. This is an alteration in itself since it's trimming a trimmed edge. Does this make sence?

What are your thoughts?

Kevin Saucier

-------------------------------------

http://www.AlteredCards.com - an education on doctored cards...displays and more.