View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 12:59 AM
Mikeknapp

It is your money Stephen and you should spend it however you deem fit. You can continue to gamble it if you like. You seem to be passionate about your collecting. Unfortunately this hobby is fraught with unscrupulous people who seek to exploit that passion. We all have opinions and we all have made mistakes. I know because many years ago I purchased a game used Gary Carter jersey. I got a great deal too I now know its worthless. Nonetheless it remains in my collection to serve as a reminder that I shouldn't buy things I know nothing about especially from strangers. I hope the seller of your Hodges glove had more provenance than the story he told in his listing.

"hi, I've decided it's time to start letting go of some of my extraordinary sports memorabilia collection. This item up for bid is a 1955 Gil Hodges Brooklyn Dodgers game used baseball mitt. This first baseman Mitt was given to my grandfather in Brooklyn in 1955 by Gil Hodges himself at the stadium. It was handed to him by Gil himself after the laces broke around the wrist area on the glove. It's been in our family now for 61 years.this is an unbelievable find. Please whoever wins this item please enjoy it and treasure it. I will be offering free priority shipping. All proceeds will go to help benefit our local youth baseball program so please bid and Bid often. Thank you and God bless"

You asked for opinions...I tend to believe you own a Gary Carter jersey.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)

Last edited by 71buc; 01-08-2017 at 01:09 AM.