View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Anson

Default Changing collecting habits or thinking about getting out altogether?

Yes, we've seen bad actors and scandals before. The recent issues appear to be much more widespread and difficult to assess the overall impact. I'm curious whether anyone has considered changing their collecting habits or have considered getting out altogether? I know most of us don't look at our collections as "assets" or "investments". However, we also are willing to pay high prices to have nice examples of the cards we collect and don't want to see their value erode due to this kind of nonsense.

I am definitely considering changes to what I buy, who I buy from, and which TPG (if any) I plan to use. While it doesn't appear any of my cards have been identified on any of the known lists, and I haven't been able to spot any alterations of my cars, there are no guarantees. The value or cost of replacement for everything we own is now in question. Population reports (including numbers and distribution of quality) are even further clouded, if not worthless.

Yes, I'm toyed around with the idea of not buying online anymore, only buying from certain auction houses, or even holding on to what I have and getting out altogether.