View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
I'd want to know just who exactly was going to handle your items. The museum representative may be professional and inspire confidence, but the person or persons who handle, set up for display, remove from display, and package items for return may not always be as experienced or professional. And, let's face it, there are some folks who think of old sports items as nothing more than neat junk. I've heard of some bad experiences due to such folks, usually well-meaning but either not respectful or knowledgeable, making mistakes with sports memorabilia on loan. Odds are you'll be fine and you'll be doing a service to your community, but get the info you need to provide the appropriate level of comfort with the various issues raised by the insightful posts here.
Steve Harding, the curator of The Nolan Ryan center had curated other museums previously, so I was confident that the result would be good.
The final result was excellent. In many ways, I believe that the exhibit was much nicer than even Cooperstown.

PS
One final thought. I had custom acrylic ticket holders made for my tickets that were used in the exhibit by a guy out in So Ca. This eliminated handling errors because the tickets were protected.
The ticket on the right was from Nolan's 500th career strikeout. This was also his 1st pitching appearance with the Angels, 1st win, & ironically his career win # 30 which was his uniform number. Note the # 14 on the ticket. This was ticket # 14 in the Ryan Milestone ticket wall and the key for the display had the description of what the milestone was...

Last edited by Scott Garner; 11-20-2016 at 01:15 PM.