View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 06:41 PM

The Bob Feller Museum is/was smaller than a one room schoolhouse. It is/was partitioned into two rooms: the "museum", which was nothing to write home about, and the gift shop. As I recall from my visit in the 1990's, practically everything was signed, including things on display as well as nearly everything that was for sale in the gift shop. The museum was fairly devoid of interesting memorabilia. I remember feeling that Bob wasn't very giving of his mementoes for this project and figured the best stuff was either in Cooperstown or still in his attic. The one item that sticks in my memory was the cap he wore during WWII (not the uniform hat, but rather some ratty, green thing, which was all frayed). Of course, he had signed it in black Sharpie for some reason, in spite of the fact it was something HE owned!

Dan beat me to it with what he said about the players who have been signing insert cards for companies ad nauseum since the 1990's. Feller did as well, but some of these these guys are really starting to make a run for the record.