View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Luke Lyon

Ted,

No I never said I had proof. I was very careful to say all I have is a theory. I was just asking in that way because in the other thread you said you had proof that refuted my theory. If there was proof I just wanted to know about it.

My theory is just that many of the Elite 11 guys clearly were printed for the entire EPDG print run (because most are no more rare than any other EPDG from the 150-350 series). On the other hand, the Piedmont 350s are clearly short-printed and had to have been pulled early.

In other words, it looks to me like when they pulled Tom Jones from production of further Piedmont 350 sheets, they didn't pull him from any EPDG sheets. And the most likely reason for that would be that EPDGs were already printed at that point.

But again I was just asking for clarification because I want to learn as much as I can about the set. It doesn't really seem like either part of your theory is relevant though. I don't think anyone was thinking that Joe Doyle's EPDG was printed at the same time as the 150-350 Subjects. And the statement "Piedmont was always printed first" it's kind a just a thing you can say that doesn't really mean anything if it can't be proven. I mean, you could be right that they always printed Piedmont backs first, but they could have viewed EPDG as the last back to be printed in the 150 portion of the 150-350 Series and Piedmont 350 as the first back of the 350 portion. There's really no way to know. So we have to just use the info available to us.