View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Jeff Lazarus

Lots of interesting responses here.

For me as I mention, the gap in items that fit my collection has been welcome since it coincided with me leaving my last job and now working on launching a venture; so in this case it was less about me specifically than people in general and how they respond to such a situation.

@jasonc - That makes a ton of sense, and is probably closest to what I am doing. I started collecting some modern day cards (particularly 2001 Fleer Stitches in Time) which feature Negro League players. Many of the cards are $10-$20 so it doesn't break the bank, and it's a rare set to feature Negro League players exclusively.

@Bestdj777 - I've picked up a few baseball books and been doing some learning about the Negro Leagues which has been cool.

@pawpawdiv9 -

@edjs - Love that show!

@drcy - That sounds scary lol. I already feel I'm focused on too many areas, although if I reach a point that a collection seems "complete" I may think about that.

@Jobu - I hear that.

@silvor - It may be just focusing more on other hobbies. I already have more than I have time for.

@pokerplyr80 - Would be nice to have the funds ready when something really big hits. Inevitably it will eventually...

@oldjudge - That Fleetwood is incredible, but out of my price range unfortunately. Would definitely have been a fit in my integration collection.

@Orioles1954 - Blasphemy! Enjoying a collection Probably the most reasonable thing to do

@sreader3 - That sounds awesome. Have you posted anywhere about your progress?

@Leon - I hear that! I've found if a collection is not focused on something that I am particularly interested in, I lose interest pretty quickly. (And I struggle with sets because I am always torn about buying the commons and the like. For some reason I just don't enjoy that part of it.