View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Default T205 Polar Bear no prints.

Posted By: J Levine

Here is what I have but as far as I know there is no complete checklist (yet, although, I am probably really close...after nearly 15 years, I better be!).

I do have a friend who has put together a Polar Bear only set (as far as we know).

Here is what I have for Polar Bear No Prints. If anybody can subtract from this list with a scan I would greatly appreciate the info.

Fronts of cards without Polar Bear reverse:
Carrigan (this one vexes me as he should come with a PB but I have yet to see one)
Chase-border stops at shoulders
Chase-left ear
Crandall-t not crossed
Donahue
Dougherty- red sock
Grant
Joss
Karger
Kleinow
Lefield- "A."
Raymond
Suggs
Turner
Wagner
Wilhelm (both)

Cards that have back variations that do not come with Polar Bear
Gray with stats
Hoblitzell no stats
Hoblitzel- one "l"

Now the theory...for awhile I had this theory that certain cards were replaced on the sheet by the minor leaguers. I think that Chase left ear, Donahue, Grant, Joss, Karger, Kleinow, Raymond, Suggs, Turner, Wagner, Hoblitzel and Wilhelm did this. I also think that the first Wilhelm was printed "suffe ed" and was replaced later in the printing with the "suffered" printing. I also feel that the Hobby no stats replaced Hoblitzel. These are just theories and there are several problems with them still (among them the Carrigan and the rarity of Joss, etc.).

Hope this helps with whatever you are doing.

Joshua