View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I thought this card was great, but it should be around 10 bucks. I don't see how it got to this level at all.

The buyer had to just read an entire bio on Cobb and much more and that is the only reference in the listing to this being a modern replica. With these vague descriptions and straight out lies about the manufacture dates in the item specifics it brings a lot of question as to if the bidders really know what they are getting.
Yes, it's very irritating that they would claim it's pre-war, and that the seller avoids words such as 'reprint' that I could use to filter him out of my searches; however, the buyer didn't actually have to read any of the stuff you mentioned - all he had to do was look at the card image to know it's not a real card. Seriously, there was never such a card and anyone with $350 to spend should know that. If the buyer could NOT tell it was not real, then certainly he should have read that wordy description prior to bidding - in fact, I would sentence such a numbskull to reading a Chinese translation of 'Finnegans Wake'.