View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 03:27 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

There is no indisputable facts known for the origination of baseball, just many argued theories. The Doubleday myth was likely created to attempt to create an explanation for an answer no one has ever been able to prove (and to help dispel the belief that Baseball was birthed from an English game called Rounders, the idea that America's game was foreign was not a well liked one).

Many writings have been found dating the playing of the game or a close version to the mid to later 1700's.

I personally prefer to place the strongest organized play to the East Coast areas of New York and Philadelphia. Team information of organized games begins in the early 1800s.

Let's just say they can read 5 well researched books and likely find 5 strong arguments on this.

I would tell him good luck and a better play may be based not on the founding, but rather the arguments on the founding. Just the creation of the Doubleday myth is a very interesting one.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-24-2024 at 03:28 PM.