View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 07:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for posting that, David. It has been quite a while since I have added any CCB's to the collection. ALthough yesterday I did get an original 1967 ACC, as I only have a copy reprint used for daily use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
Just as an FYI for those who may not have seen it, below is a link to a post I wrote a couple of years ago about the origins of the Burdick collection. Burdick announced in the December 1, 1947 Card Collectors Bulletin that he was donating his card collection to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and over the next couple of years he began organizing his cards and sending them to the museum, while also soliciting help from CCB readers to fill in gaps in the collection. Many people sent him cards and even whole sets that he didn't have, so that while Burdick's personal collection was the core, the collection now at the Met is really a collaborative effort, with many cards contributed by other collectors. Everyone in the hobby realized that this was a big deal, and they wanted the collection to be as complete as possible. Below the link I've included two of Burdick's CCB articles, the first from the April 1, 1948 issue and the second from the October 1, 1948 issue, illustrating the support he was getting from the hobby.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240887

April 1, 1948

October 1, 1948