View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Please forgive the intrusion into this awesome thread, but I am in the process of reading through it. I have about a year and a half to go, but I wanted to say what a mind-blowing thread this is! The quality of the vintage pennants, especially the colors and logos, is so incredible! The modern production stuff pales in comparison. I don't know how I have been in the hobby this long without having gone down this road. Frankly, I am a bit jealous. I have seen some really neat framed jobs so far. Do you frame your own? In most cases the frames look roomy enough so that it wouldn't be too hard to do. Please keep posting these beauties. I hope to purchase a few this year.
Glad you like this thread, Robert. I am one of the "pennant guys." Not the most knowledgeable and not with the best collection, but I am pretty well versed in Giants pennants. One thing that fascinates me about pennants is their evolution and, in some cases, the near impossibility of finding certain exmples...examples that SEEM like they shouldn't be impossible. I'll take this oppurtunity to post a few of my "most wanted." In order of pictures posted, I have seen these pennants offered for sale this many times: once, once, a couple of times, once, once (a unique variation of a more common series), never, never.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KGrHqIOKiIE3C5l1FMOBNyoVpQ0_3.jpg (38.6 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg uniquepennant.jpg (18.4 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg lavssf1.jpg (26.6 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg TgiantsPennant.jpg (43.9 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg giants1_002.jpg (25.0 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg hamms.jpg (26.6 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg 62champs.jpg (26.6 KB, 241 views)