View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Default What do you guys think about..........Cardtarget

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

With all due respect to all the parties involved, every day on ebay we see auctions where the item for sale is simply a stolen scan. Getting involved with something like this would take a lot of trust.

Mike describes his potential customers as not having the "time to do the research." They like to "speculate, buy and sell, have no shipping, etc."

"They are looking for a hobby they could enjoy at work, at home, and on the road without having to make daily trips to the post office and have closets full of cards and a nagging wife asking them why they have a full basement."

I've known a few people who "enjoyed" their hobby so much at work that they got fired. I've never made "daily trips" to the post office. My wife doesn't nag and my entire collection would fit into a couple of medium size suitcases.

People who don't take the "time to do the research" and like to "speculate, buy and sell, have no shipping, etc." should perhaps go with "Monopoly." These people are the reason Ponzi schemes still work.

Most of the 1849 California Gold Rush miners found nothing and lost everything. Some lost their lives. But some of the guys who sold the miners picks, shovels and supplies got very rich. Cardtarget may do well, assuming they have their legal ducks in a row. But I don't think too many of the clients will.

There are less expensive and more rewarding hobbies out there. There are also smarter investments. I realize there is a generational thing going on here, but I'm not sure this enterprise makes sense om any level. Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck to all involved.