View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 10:03 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
I would never use it. Why not just bid the minimum each time? That way people can't push your bid up over a month, and you might just get it much cheaper than you think it will go.
Put in a cheap bid (to be a bidder on the item) and save your ammunition for auction ending time, like every other auction.
well there are certain bidding slots

say a PSA 7 1954 topps al kaline...pretty much a 1000 card....if you dont grab a max bidding slot with bp at $1070..and you go to 910 (just throwing out numbers) and the next guy grabs 1070...the only way you get the card is paying over market price....but if grab the bidding slot...you at least have the best chance of getting the card at market price...yes...you wont steal it as the AH's friends will likley will bid it up to your slot..but you dont know if that would of happened in the first place, plus maybe you do get it cheaper and those bids from the AH's friends or anyone else dont come in

there are certain cards in certain conditions that we all know what the market price bidding lot is....so for those types of cards...if that bidding slot puts me just under that market price..and the bid above me would put the card at a price clearly over ebay for example...i dont see any harm in grabbing that slot

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-24-2017 at 10:05 AM.