View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 02:00 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
NO, it doesn't concretely exist.
Again, I just feel you are being divisive, as usual. The s/w has the ability to be programmed, by the provider only, to do whatever an auction house wants. It DOES NOT exist with the B and L software.
I'd hazard to guess that there is not a separate version of software (code) for each client of SAS. It's a very high probability that there is just specific configuration for each client that controls the look/feel and feature set required by that client. In Leon's statement "the s/w has the ability to be programmed" more accurately should read "the s/w has the ability to be configured." There is a subtle, but important, distinction.

If that is the case, then the software (code) is the same regardless of the configuration. Therefore, there is deployed code that does allow for a user (administrator as it was mentioned) to see max bids. While configuration at the client level may not allow that feature to be utilized, it still exists. By virtue of it existing, it does leave open the possibility of misuse by an administrator, someone who is able to obtain administrative credentials, or someone who "hacks" the site to provide the information that would otherwise not be exposed.

I'm guessing that this is Kevin's concern.