View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 01:23 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1125 View Post
In the most simplest form: eBay profits millions and millions of dollars from forgeries, and provides a platform for these thieves. Without eBay, these guys scam is MUCH harder to thrive from IMHO.

I agree it is a very hard, nearly impossible task to rid eBay of all forgeries/scams/etc. But they should absolutely have some experienced collectors/former authenticators/etc. monitoring this stuff 24/7 and yanking obvious junk, while staying up to date with reporting. I report obvious forgeries all of the time, and it never gets yanked anymore. Most of these little scammers you can see from a mile away. Yank their stuff, and ban them. It should not be as easy as "downloading an app" to run a multi-thousand (or even million) dollar forgery scam.

Even from a moral standpoint if I owned eBay, I would want my customers to feel safe buying stuff on my website. And I certainly would work with local authorities to provide information on scammers/forgery rings that reach this level.
Ebay has no morals--It's only about the flood of money they receive from the sales of forgeries.

Look how long the sellers of the Florida forgeries have been permitted to sell their forgeries printed on inkjet paper.

And what about so-called "forensic authenticators" like Stephen Rocchi and GFA!!!