View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 06:28 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default this

For me Howard nails it right here. Everything else is fine - but the uncertainty during that hour really pissed me off. You felt like you had to continue bidding and yet you had no idea what was happening. I understand the lack of emails until they were really sure what they needed to do, but they should have suspended bidding right at 12:10 and not turned anything back on until after they had made the decision to extend for a day.

Tim

4) The thing that bothers me most was the lack of communication between ~12AM and 1:14AM - The clock was counting down on each lot - I and others were permitted to place bids without clarity on whether the auction would end last night or be pushed till today. I placed bids in that time period thinking there was a chance the auction would close according to the clocks that were counting down. At 1:14 well over an hour after the problem started the email went out saying the auction would be extended. Fairer (imo) would have been to "pause the auction" closer to when the problem began until a decision was made and clearly communicated with everyone.[/QUOTE]