View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Default Assembling T206 sets....my advice....what's yours ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

You apparently can read things very objectively. You clearly understood my initial advice in this Thread.
Others have misunderstood what I was trying to impart; and, I'm sorry about that.

I think this misunderstanding started with the "7500" number that was bantered about by some, since I
mentioned a recent purchase I made of over 300 cards that averaged out to $25/card. And, one poster
jumped to the conclusion that I went into debt for "7500".

I don't want to single out anyone, but what they did not know was that I was able to finance most of
that purchase with cards I sold from a prior large lot purchase.

Steve you get it....once you get into this game of "large lot" acquistions, before you realize it, it provides
one an inventory that is a self-supporting source for future purchases.

A collector has to start at whatever $-figure he is comfortable with. Perhaps, a lot of 50 cards that cost
no more than $1000. If he does his homework, he keeps certain cards, sells others to recover his outlay....
or even to gain a profit.

Again, for those of you who misconstrued what I was trying to impart....I am sorry that happened. But, if
you go back and re-read my posts....I was not the one who said that you should go into "7500 debt" (or
whatever).

I learned my lesson guys....I will never again post any responses to members' inquiries regarding how I am
able to finance my T206 sets (or any other BB card sets).

TED Z