View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Default Sports Summer 2007

Posted By: Bill K@sel

All these stories makes for great sportstalk radio but the NBA is by far in the worst possible position. From what I understand the FBI asked the NBA not to disclose or bring to light any information on the betting scandal when it was discoverd some time ago as to further the investigation. Hearing David Stern say that there was no way he could definitively state that Donaghy the only culprit and that tears at the fabric of his game. I think the NBA is a joke in general but how will this now impact other sports? Obviously this is not the first and only case of this going on. Look what the Blacksox scandal did to baseball. It's still relevant today almost 90 years later.

I think Donaghy has bigger issues to deal with than jail time if he decides to rat out other individuals. Can you say witness protection program? Last time I checked the mob doesn't like to have its laundry aired.

It's a shame too because these stories are for good reason upstaging a great baseball season and will likely take away from the coverage of the NFL and college football seasons.

Bill